View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

I can't see why not. Muscles are pulled because we don't use them a whole lot. Not that you don't use your back muscles but in the case of a sudden tossing and turning at night you might have used muscles that you don't usually get to use in normal daily use because they are not needed as much for those activities, much like someone who walks all day every day but suddenly decides to take a half mile run which uses different muscles or over extends the ones used normally for walking. I have always had a strong back so I was told and still did manage to put it out by lifting something more then I was used to and have even woke up with a cramp in my back possibly from the same thing. Could it also be from having slept on a different mattress at someone elses house at that time or even days before or did you buy a new mattress at the time?
I heard people say they changed their bedroom around and found they woke up crampy and had to change it back. I don't think it was the direction as related to the moon as some would tell you as much as maybe the direction made them want to sleep on the other side to face something like the bedroom door like always and causing the cramp because they were sleeping more on the wrong side. I have found that when I move to a new house I take some getting used to the new direction so now I make sure my bed is placed in a similar possition to what my old room was like if I can. We have finally worked ourselves up to the house we have been working towards for a long time so we hope to be here long enough to retire in it so hopefully this was my last move and won't have to go through that again as long as a fire or earthquake does not hit us.