View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 PM
New User: cough cough

Default Finding a psychiatrist in Calgary?

Hello.

After 20 years of ignoring my problems I have come to admit that I need help. I suffered with depression on my own, without medication, refusing to tell my family, friends (i don't have any), or even doctors all this time. This year what used to be recurrent... I hate to say, casual suicidal thoughts, have become more than that. They have become very real and increasingly persuasive. I'm terrified. What's more, the thought of sitting down with another person and being completely truthful with them about all of my problems, even someone legally bound to confidentiality, frightens me just as much. My life revolves around social seclusion and hiding behind a framework of lies designed to give the impression that I'm okay, I'm normal, I'm independent and strong. In reality I am none of those things.

Can anyone tell me how I might go about finding help in my city (Calgary)? Preferably help capable of issuing prescriptions should they think it necessary? Do I need a referal? Who should I talk to?

help.