Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

My diet is no more expensive then when I knew nothing about foods. I have found that tea replaced pop and sugared drinks and is actually cheaper. My veggies replaced convienience foods and are probably about the same cost and any supplements I have added I just don't relate them to my grocery bill. I try to snack better and most of the cost is around the cost I used to pay for snacks.
Even tho I have studied foods for a long time I only a few years ago made a complete change in my kitchen and yet I find the grocery bill hardly more today then it was back when my old ways were still happening. I have garden space now so I am going to try to grow some stuff next year if I can, that might help some in the wallet. By the way for those living in condos and apartments, you should look into those tomato trees that hang upside down. I saw them on TV and found out that they are available at most garden stores like Art Naps. Cheap and easy to handle on a balcony and now they have other varieties of vegetables.