Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 PM
New User: cough cough

Default How Can I Help Him?

My boyfriend has been suffering from depression since he was a young child, way before I knew him. I knew he had been into self-harm, cutting himself on the legs and burning himself with a lighter mostly. I knew about it and tried to convince him to talk to a professional, but he said he had tried that years ago and it didn't work. I left it alone because he didn't seem too bad at the time.

Now it's gotten worse...to the point that he has broken up with me because he needs to fix himself before he can be with anyone, a decision I fully supported. I told him that I will help him any way I can, and he seems determined to deal with the problem, but only on his own terms. He is still opposed to seeking professional help or medication of any kind...he is convinced that it would be a sign of weakness. What can I do to help him?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:40 PM

Getting a man to seek help for a common cold is difficult at best. Depression hurts everyone surrounded by the person and helping him to seek help may be the best thing that he can do for you. It's diffiuclt to suffer from depression and you give up very easy on things that actually mean a lot to you.
I'm sorry you are doing this with out help, you chould try to get ahold of his family or friends someone you can actually trust and is willing to help you with this journy.
I my self suffer from depression and I know when I am going through my "times" my husband keeps distant while I am trying to get back in the grove of things. Medication has worked best for me. By no mean's am I saying to stay and work on things with him if he is being disrespectfull to you in any way. (im sure you know what I mean) but helping him to go through these times and get some help can change the world for him.
You might want to talk to a doctor your self and get some help so you can help him.
Hope you keep on trying, let us know how things go.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Default Short on demotivatorah

Demotivators called pictures , which consist of images of prisoners in the frame, with the preparation of labels, commenting on the image . Pictures demotivators strictly match the aspect parameters.At the present time demotivators jokes are the most popular form for the opportunity to express their own attitude to a particular event happening directly around us .It is valid to ask what use can demotivators so widely known, having an identical form of well-known poster campaign messages and appeals in order to present information to people? However, propaganda posters , and their revolutionary appeals coincide with the real situation .So they can not rely on positive feedback , their objectives do not provide positive results. And it's finally fed up with many ... So here and got their distribution demotivators .Now the World Wide Web there are some resources to create demotivators that allow greatly simplify this process and make it as enjoyable as possible .But there may be some difficulties , especially when creating demotivators , this process is always accompanied by an attachment site logo , which had carried out new demotivators .This fact leads to devaluation of the image, losing the original meaning demotivators , for here is completely lost authorship , no one will know who created this masterpiece . Therefore, a different approach was devised to address this issue - the creation of demotivators using a graphical editor for creating your unique image with the words .