HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada

HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada (/)
-   Smoking & Quitting (/forums/diseases-conditions/smoking-quitting/)
-   -   How Long Have You / Did You Smoke? (/forums/diseases-conditions/smoking-quitting/129-how-long-have-you-did-you-smoke.html)

jamesadams 12-07-2011 05:29 PM

Forum question

I've got a box of half decent Dominican cigars from 1998, will they still be ok to smoke? I hope so, I'd hate to just throw them away.

jackson 12-08-2011 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=jimcarter;10346]I am smoking since 10 years, I had started smoking at the age of 15 but now i'm facing problems in breathing and getting regular cough. Now I'm willing not to smoke can anyone suggest what should I do?[/QUOTE]

Well you should start thinking about giving up the habit.
Understand that you are addicted to the nicotine and the habit of smoking so it wont be easy.Do use some form of Nicotine replacement therapy for at least 6 months when you decide to quit, for me the 4mg nicorette losenge did it.
After smoking for 45 years i too was having breathing difficulties, what really gave me most of my motivation was when the price rose to over $10 a pack, i could no longer justify taking that much money away from my family so i could blow $4000 a year on smoking.
Been 2 and a half years since my last smoke and even though i get the occasional craving for a smoke i let the feeling pass as i cant afford to re-establish the habit and i really dont want to go through the hassle of quitting smoking again.
So tell your mind its over,you aint ever going to be a slave to that addiction any longer, take that monkey off your back and put him down with extreme prejudice,its ok to get mad..

good luck

davidblunt 12-28-2011 12:44 AM

I am not a regular smoker therefore i use to smoke only when i go out with my friends.

LindaAlbert 04-10-2012 02:47 AM

I dont smoke, but i heard that a new medicine is launched that helps to get rid of smoking.