Old 03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
New User: cough cough

Default Making a difference

I am 20 years old, and my girlfriend is a Type 1 Diabetic. She has been my bet friend for close to a decade, and she means everything to me. I have seen her cope with all the hardships that come with being a diabetic, and ill I want to do, is find her a cure.
For about five years i have participated with her and her family in the Telus walk to cure diabetes, presented by JDRF, and about 4 years ago, we held our first backyard barbeque to raise extra money. every year it has grown, up until last year where we held a formal evening affair, which brought in over $3000. Our goal is even bigger this year, and our event is gaining steam within the community. We are hosting an event which promises to entertain up to 400 people and raise quite a bit of money to fund Diabetes research.
At the age of 20, it is hard for us to juggle school, work, our relationship with each other and with others, and yet still put on this huge event. So we need all the help we can get.

I ask that you please visit the website that i have made, and find out more about our event

[url]www.boomerangonline.org[/url]

The event is entitled Boomerang- Where what you give you get back. i hope this line holds true for all of you. I ask that you follow the link on the home page to make an online donation towards our team for the 2010 Telus Walk to cure Diabetes.

for more information feel free to contact me, at [email]etimerman@boomerangonline.org[/email]

Thanks