View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

Smile yummy food

Hi there, how are you feeling after your 20! My BS always goes up with pancakes too, i don't know if it's the pancake or the syrup, and I love pancakes now i can only eat one, but i put low sugar jam on it, or honey or molasses...but i have been looking threw my diabetic cook book and i have found some great stuff for us so i am going to post some at the end here....

I was up yesterday morning way to early 3AM, my back gets so painful in bed with my spine and the arthritis. Yesterday i was sick all day, i ended up laying on the sofa most of day watching movies with my son hunter, while poor leo painted the porch for me, trying to get the house all painted before he goes away for 3 weeks for work...now that september is coming Hunter's home therapy will step up for his autism. They come 3-4 times a week and there is a team of 7...so i like the house to be really neat and clean, and it needed a good paint job, the colors in here were terrible, and it hadn't been painted in 8 years! The landlord got all the paint and we are doing the work....I feel a bit better this morning, but in a lot of pain, and can't take anything for it...

Today leo is going to finish the porch, then we will run some errands he goes back to work tomorrow and works for the next 4 weeks with only 3 days off in those 4 weeks...3 of those weeks he will be gone the whole time working far away from home and stay in a motel with his crew....BLAAA I am going to miss him...

I have 3 children, two are from a previous marriage and are older...ryan is 18 on august 24, and becky is 16 on august 26, hunter is 4 just turned on april 13...i also have 2 step children, mikey 11, and sara 8...then we are due in march with this one, which will be the last...this will be my 4th c-section, and with all my medical troubles, there will be no more....lol

Well it sounds like you have a great day planed...We are going to see some family today too, my mom, his dad and sisters...probably take hunter to the park let him run off some extra energy if it don't rain...

Good luck fishing, what kind of fish do you fish for? i am in martin's river nova scotia which is a small rural community 10 minutes from mahone bay...where the famous 3 churches are....we rent a small 2 bedroom house on the river...our parents live about 20 minutes away closer to chester where they are filming the new show on showcase called Haven...It's been filmed in lunenburg as well...kind of freaky we see police cars driving around all the time saying Haven police...lol

Here are some good recipes for you to try if you like the Ingredients...lol

Pot Chicken
5 OZ boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 small cabbage quartered
1 small package mini carrots
2 large cans of stew tomatoes with spices.

Place all ingredients in a crock pot cover and cook on low 5 hours. one cup serving has 323 cal, 6g fat, protein 47g, fiber 5g

I put this one in the oven too, just bake on 350 for 2 hours or until veggies are done.

Crunchy baked fish

1 pound fish, washed and dried and cut into serving sizes
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp pepper
1 cup corn flakes crushed finely

Place dry fish in shallow bowl in lemon juice and marinate for 15 minutes, drain fish coat with cornflakes and pepper, put on baking dish sprayed with non stick spray. Bake 10 minutes on 475 until fish flakes...

124 cal, 1 g fat, 21 g protein, no fiber, no saturated fat.

Tex Mex Pork chops

4 boneless pork chops or loins
1 cup salsa
1 small bell pepper
1 cup sliced white or yellow onion

Season pork chops to taste ( i use pepper, garlic salt, celery salt and chili powder) in a non stick frying pan, spray non stick spray. brown both sides of pork chops, add salsa, peppers, sliced onion, and lower heat. simmer 30 minutes until meat is fully cooked.

1 pork chop has 200 cal, 7g fat, 26g protein, 2g fiber

I serve this is with rice! yummy

BBQ CUPS

*A huge fave in our house, served with a salad*

1 pound of extra lean hamburger, cooked
1/2 BBQ sauce, i use pasta sauce, pizza sauce or tomtoe soup.
1 can Refrigerator biscuits
2/4 cup grated fat free cheddar cheese

when hamburger is cooked add sauce and set aside, put biscuits in muffin tin sprayed with pam, pressing side up to make a cup, put meat mixture into center of muffin biscuit sprinkle with cheese, bake 400 for 12-15 minutes.

1 cup has
208 cal, 9g fat, 15g protein, no fiber.

I could go all day with these...lol hope you enjoy...let me know what you think of them if you make them...i think i will make the BBQ cups today...lol

cheers and have a good day Tasha