View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

My father was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in his 60's. He is the first diabetic in his family line, he didn't inherited from anybody. All his life consisted of lots of cocacola, candy, bakery treats (highy procesed grains and sugar mix), alcohol, and all his food was cooked (there was no nzymes left so, on top of it all, his pancreas had to do extrawork to produce more nzymes). He is 74 now and not under medication, he controls it with diet.

I don't believe I will inherit diabetes type 2, that will depend on my diet, I might inherited a "weak" pancreas. It has been a long time since I change my diet and left the way of eating that I was brought up with. I have children that are growing and is my responsability to feed them with the building blocks necesary to be healthy adults (or at least try) by doing my own reasearch instead of putting our health in the hands of the medical system and health guide or even trust that everything sold at healthfood stores is healthy, I'm all for organic but they even sell stuff with sorbitol,maltitol,etc. Soy products, and microwaveble organic popcorn!!!

Last edited by jullee; 01-21-2009 at 06:16 PM.