View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Experienced User: Healthy

I did not have pressure to marry or date, infact my dad loved to answer the door or the phone and see if he could spook them away when I was a teen, his silly way of protecting me and getting a good laugh at the same time. I was married for 10 years and we both admitted we were board of each other and split up on good terms to try a new life. It was then that my parents were upset and became involved trying to convince me to stay with him because they really liked him. I left Onterio to go and warm up in BC and after a few years of running a business here and playing the field I found someone to settle with again. We both decided not to get married and because the family likes him they have been really cool about it, no pressure.
I basically tell people when they ask us about kids or marriage that this is what makes us work well, why change it. We work together now in a home business and I feel more like I am married to him then I was with my 10 year marriage to my X. In my opinion the difference is paper work so you do what you want and tell them to live with it, it is your life and you wait till the right person comes along, there is no planning it by other people's standards and wishes.