View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 05:36 AM
New User: cough cough

Default Chest pains, palpitations...Heart Attack???

Hi

i am a 20yr old male, 6ft 1 16 stone never smoked, i am not a stressed person i work in front of a computer 8 hours a day which is a fairly easy job

For 6 weeks now i have been having sometimes severe chest pains. this is mainly on the left side of my chest but can sometimes move to the centre or the right side. it is like a sharp shooting pain or can rarely be a crushing type pressure feeling. this does not happen with any specific move it can happen when i am just sitting down or excercising it does not matter.

I also have had a few palputations, in which my heart seems to speed up considerably and thump harder than ususal, this is not painfull just extremely scary and disstressing, this is again not brought on by anything specific but leaves me with the feeling that i am going to die

I have been spent two nights in hospital (two seperate occasions, the first was 2 weeks in the second was five weeks in) the both times they did an ekg, blood tests, xray, blood prussure and pulse and all came back perfectly normal, but i recieved no answers to why this was happening to me, the only answer i really got was that i may have a chest infection in which they prescribed me antibiotics that have not seemed to ease the symptoms

i am scheduled for a treadmill test and a 24 hr monitor on wednesday

i just have a few questions

Am i to young to have an heart attack???

this has been going on for just iver 6 weeks, if it was life threatining wouldn something have happened to me by now??

Could a chest infection last this long, and cause these symptoms

Thanks

Ryan