Old 02-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Experienced User: Healthy

Default Did You Suffer Postpartum Depression?

Was this ever a problem for you after a pregnancy? I had some new-mom anxiety after my daughter was born, but luckily it never got worse or moved into postpartum. What's your story? And if you suffered, how did you treat it?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 AM

Thankfully, I never suffered from any more than mild baby blues but I think it must be incredibly difficult to diagnose. I mean, allot of new moms are so exhausted that they feel and act like zombies. It must be really hard to tell when 'normal' turns into something more.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:12 PM

No, thank goodness I didn't. The baby blues was enough for me. I could not imagine having to suffer from postpartum depression.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater03 View Post
No, thank goodness I didn't. The baby blues was enough for me. I could not imagine having to suffer from postpartum depression.
For sure! The draggy tiredness those first few months alone is sometimes unbearable, let alone having a clinical form of depression added on top of it. That would be so extremely difficult!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:56 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

My wife was a mess after having our child. It got so bad that we had to get her some medication to kind of ward off the anxiety she was having. I didn't understand it until we went to go see her doctor.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:25 PM

I struggled a bit after #3. I had thirteen month old twins and newborn and it was HARD. I got through it without ever having to use medication, but it was a really long first few months with lost of exhaustion, tears and overwhelming fear.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey Anne View Post
I struggled a bit after #3. I had thirteen month old twins and newborn and it was HARD. I got through it without ever having to use medication, but it was a really long first few months with lost of exhaustion, tears and overwhelming fear.
Lacey Anne, you deserve a pat on the back for managing to come out the other end all by yourself without any meds! I can't imagine how hard twins alone must be, never mind adding a newborn to the mix. There's only sixteen months between my sister and I and I always thought that would be a real challenge but you win.

Seriously, I tip my hat to you. How did you ever get any time to recharge your batteries? Did you have much support? I'm interested.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:01 AM

Default post partum

I think my cousin has been suffering from post partum depression and has not admitted it to herself. I was wondering how long it can go on for and what can happen if it's left untreated.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:34 PM

When I had my son, I think I did have a bit of postpartum depression, but what I really got were horrible migraines. My son was about a month old and one AM I woke up to the worst headache I ever had. My mum was away on vacation, but I called one of her friends. She took the baby until my hubby came home from work. Had Mum been home she could have explained all about migraines.
I had really bad postpartum depression after I had my daughter, but I didn't understand what it was. Migraines and a case of pneumonia when my daughter was a few months over masked my symptoms. It wasn't until the PPD was basically over until I realised I'd had it.