Old 03-27-2009, 02:20 PM
New User: cough cough

Default my story

I would simply like to tell my story in hopes that it may help even one woman out there. I met Marc 2 years ago thru online dating. He was everything I wanted in a man, plain & simple, I was head over heels in love in a matter of weeks. It didn't take long for me to slowly realize there was a very scary side to him. As I later learned, many psychopaths and narcissists are attractive, charming and witty. He was all of the above. the lies started out very small at first, then got bigger..I found myself wondering if I even know him at all? It was as if everything he told me from the very beginning, was complete fiction. He lied about what he did for a living, what vehicle he drove, (it was in the "shop") he lied about the stupidest, most mundane things. He didn't start physically abusing me until months into the relationship. Unfortunatley for me, he was incredibly believable in being sincere in his apologizes and his promises to change, and I always believed him. If there is one thing that an abusive boyfriend is able to do, is make you believe in them. I spent an entire year trying to justify not wanting to see my family or friends simply out of sheer embarrasment, a year of sticking up for someone who I believed deep down, was a good person. Ladies, do not ignore the warning signs. they are there for a reason. Get out while you still have a chance or you may not live to regret it.