Old 02-05-2009, 02:32 AM
New User: cough cough

Default I cannot control my eating of junk food

Hello everyone,

I am a working executive, working long hours and addicted to fast food, usually eating while I'm in the office. I seem to eat whether I'm hungry or not and have got to a stage where I am unable to control my eating habit. Unfortunately, my weight is increasing and I'm being forced to buy clothes a size larger than normal. I can devote a little time to exercise, but is there a recommended safe way to lose weight? I've heard of all these diets, such as Atkins, that don't sound very healthy at all.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

Plan ahead, have healthy snacks at work and pack up your food for the day so that you do not need to go out and buy food.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:50 PM

Default eating junk food

I have a real problem with eating junk food. It is not constant, There are times that I do real good, and then all of a sudden I can't seem to get enough of it. It is really frustrating.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:55 AM

I keep an emergency stash of cup a soup sachets at work, the ones that have a bit of pasta or noodles in. I would not suggest that they are a perfect choice, but when I am hungry they are quick, tasty and satisfying. That has to be better than sweets, crisps and all the other tempting junk food.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:54 AM

I have cravings for snacks too, and sometimes I keep celery in the fridge and snack on that.

It's not as decadent as french fries or something like that but it's healthier. I've heard that it takes more calories to eat celery than there actually are in the celery.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by justontime View Post
I keep an emergency stash of cup a soup sachets at work, the ones that have a bit of pasta or noodles in. I would not suggest that they are a perfect choice, but when I am hungry they are quick, tasty and satisfying. That has to be better than sweets, crisps and all the other tempting junk food.
That is a good idea, I think the main thing is to have quick easy snacks available that will prevent you from reaching for junk food.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:51 AM

Brunis, you mentioned that you are able to get some workout time accomplished, so why not build on that? You've already established the habit so just kick it up a bit. I remember the fellow who runs Body By Jake saying he didn't get into exercise because he enjoyed working out, he did it so he could have the extra-rich desserts he craved.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:28 PM

Try writing down what you eat everyday, then eliminate on unhealthy snack a week.

This way, you avoid feeling deprived and can figure out healthy substitutes, one at a time.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:07 PM

It might help if you make sure to chew your food longer, eat smaller bites, and drink water at least 15 minutes before you snack.

This may take planning, but all of these steps are meant to slow your intake. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to register food in your stomach. IF you slow down, this might lead you to eat less!