Old 03-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

Default Herbal teas

In an attempt to cut back on caffeine laden tea & coffee, I'm trying to drink more herbal teas. Has anyone got a favourite? To be quite honest I really don't like them much.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:26 PM

I don't really drink it for any other reason, but if you have stomach pain, period pain, gas, or reflux, drink a hot cup of peppermint tea and you'll feel better quite fast. "tension tamer" tea can get you to sleep if you've got insomnia.
For pleasure, I really like the taste of Darjeeling tea. Rose hips tea is tasty and gives you some vit C in the bargain. I like teas that are mixed with fruit flavors; peach is my favorite, berry is good as well. My husband's favorite is Earl Grey.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:20 AM

I also like peppermint tea. I have vanilla, cranberry and licorice flavours, too.

If I have a cold or sore throat, I like the effect of hot ginger tea.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
I also like peppermint tea. I have vanilla, cranberry and licorice flavours, too.

If I have a cold or sore throat, I like the effect of hot ginger tea.
I had a friend who was cold all the time. Her doctor checked her out and said nothing was wrong, she's just one of those folk who are cold. I gave her some of the ginger tea I had, and it worked really well for her. She drank the ginger tea several times a day and felt much warmer.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:54 AM

A friend gave me ginger tea when I was pregnant but I can't for the life of me remember what it was supposed to help me with! I actually quite enjoyed it though, so I might look out some more ginger teabags just for the enjoyment.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

I'm not too fond of herbal teas actually. Have you tried green or white tea? Less caffiene than coffee or black tea and better taste than herbal.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:30 PM

I love ginger tea! My grandfather used to get a special kind from Korea that was just to die for. He hated it, but I loved it!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey Anne View Post
I love ginger tea! My grandfather used to get a special kind from Korea that was just to die for. He hated it, but I loved it!
Ginger tea... now there's one I haven't tried yet. I'm trying to remember if I've seen it in the store and I'm pretty sure that I have. Does anyone know what kinds of things it's supposed to be beneficial for helping?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:25 AM

I just did a quick investigate on the net & apparantly ginger is used to prevent motion sickness & can also be used in the treatment of migrains as they block prostaglandins which are the things which cause the blood vessel inflammation at their root.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Moo View Post
I just did a quick investigate on the net & apparantly ginger is used to prevent motion sickness & can also be used in the treatment of migrains as they block prostaglandins which are the things which cause the blood vessel inflammation at their root.
Ah... I was hoping it would have more generalized health benefits. Maybe it's not the best choice for me after all. I really need to research some of these herbal teas and what their benefits are so that I can make good choices.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharina View Post
Ah... I was hoping it would have more generalized health benefits.
I think half the benefit of a herbal tea is taking ten minutes out to sit and drink it quietly.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Ginger is actually great for when you're feeling queasy. I've used it for morning sickness with great results.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:17 PM

I'm a big tea drinker. I like chamoile tea close to bedtime, it really does help to relax and get you to sleep. I tend to try other flavors frequently, some are good...some not so good. But, my all time fav is a cup with a teapoon of honey in it.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 PM

My favorite herbal tea is Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea. It's a blend of spearmint and chamomile, and it helps me relax, especially if I've had a hard day at work.

When I want to wake up and get moving I drink Bengal Spice.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
My favorite herbal tea is Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea. It's a blend of spearmint and chamomile, and it helps me relax, especially if I've had a hard day at work.
I've had Sleepytime tea and it's lovely to have before bedtime. The little bear on the package looking all worn out and sleepy is cute, too. I'm craving a cup of tea right now... it's morning so I won't have Sleepytime, but I have a box of Coconut Chai and it's sounding really good right now!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 PM

You know, another herbal tea I like is Good Earth Original. It's kind of spicy and I really like it. It's one of the few herbal teas I can stomach.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:40 AM

I am very bad at drinking enough liquid during the day, and quite simply don't like water. One advantage I'm finding with the herbal teas is that they're as good cold as they are hot, which is handy as I keep forgetting about them! Secondly, they're free as I'm collecting my own leaves and flowers for them.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:43 PM

I think that there's probably more specific benefits of drinking ginger tea.

I seem to recall that it stimulated the immune system. Does that sound familiar?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:25 PM

I don't like the herbal ones much, but if you're just looking to replace tea and coffee, how about the fruit ones? I love the Celestial Seasonings raspberry one and the peach one's not too bad either.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I don't like the herbal ones much, but if you're just looking to replace tea and coffee, how about the fruit ones? I love the Celestial Seasonings raspberry one and the peach one's not too bad either.

I'm actually quite enjoying putting my own herbal teas together. So far I have collected and dried little jars of mint, nettle, lemon balm, lemon verbena, camomile and rose petal. I like home made lemon tea using fresh lemon, but not the stuff you buy in tea bags. I'd like to experiment with drying some lemon to see if I can make my own when I've run out of fresh, but I've not had a chance to experiment yet.