Old 12-18-2011, 01:14 PM
New User: cough cough

Default why so depressed and angry

Have tried several meds for depression in the past three years and have changed recently from serequel to invega. I am also on 80mg/day of prozac and have been feeling worse and worse. My depression keeps worsening and my anger and agitation is getting very bad. I don't know what to do anymore. I am tired of going back to my dr and phcyciatrist and trying new meds that don't seem to work anymore. I am started to get scared that my anger is going to explode one day at work or somewhere in this crazy place called society. I don't find anything interesting anymore and everyday is a struggle. Have been to numerous councellors and programs for anger managment,read cbt books,and nothing seems to work anymore. I don't want things to get too far and I hurt somebody or worse. I have a history of substance abuse with drugs in the past but the last few years it has only been alcohol. Someone please help!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
New User: cough cough

Default Not the one...

To be honest, I'm not the one who should be giving you advice for I feel the exact same way right now, I'm just surprised/shocked that no one has responded to your post.

Actually, I haven't been on this site since July and have never posted or responded to anything but for some reason here I am and I'm responding to yours.

I find meds just "mask" the problem for you still have those bad thoughts and feelings and talking to "shrinks" well, I just tell them what they want to hear or I'd be broke. I too have turned to alcohol to just try and mellow out, it does work but I'm starting a lot earlier in the day then I use to.

I do believe though that it comes down to being my choice and if I choose this lifestyle then so be it, it's nobody's fault but my own. But I think I'm worth a lot more, if not to others, then at least to myself and I have to find the positives that have been burried for a very long time.

Hope this sparks a light.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

Default Depression

I f you really want to change your self , I mean if you really do then at first get rid off alcohol,it is not your friend and everyday it's ruining your mind...society is a very complex thing to understand and believe me if you want to get back to your normal life, then stop thinking too much about this...I think you have been surrounded by bad companies all these years..leave them,start listening to good songs, tunes than can heal your mind and the go back to your doctor,unless you leave your bad habits, your doctor won't be able to help you.