Old 08-28-2009, 11:11 AM
New User: cough cough

Default Do you ever feel like just giving up and dying?

I'm a real basket case. Clinically depressed, PMS, ... the world's worst bitch. I had a major flipping-out episode the other day. I had so much trouble coping with a little family reunion that I started drinking. (Yes, I know that always makes things worse) I got totally pissed drunk. Before finally vomiting and passing out, I made enemies with my everyone in my husband's family. I had such a vile, nasty mouth. I really do just want to die now. Do I use my diagnosed condition to excuse my behavior? What a cop out! Sometimes it is just way too difficult to keep going. I don't have the strength, the desire or the energy. I need help so badly. My marriage is at risk. What do I do? I'm already maxing out on my medication, now what?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 AM

Thumbs up There is hope

Hi Carrie,
I can relate to your story. I did just read a book that made me feel better. It gave me hope. Sometimes I can't concentrate on a book but this one was easy and quick to read. I actually couldn't put it down. It's called Cracked Teacups by B.E. Moore. I got it from Amazon.com but you can ask any bookstore to order it for you. The ISBN # on the back of the book is 978-1-60860-645-0. Good luck to you.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

Lightbulb Your mind is the key, not the enemy

Hi Carrie,
You've already taken the first step by not excusing your behavior. I believe we are only lying to ourselves if we repeat thoughts that are not true.
Next ? Take back possession of your mind, completely.
This is how one may achieve a new reality ...
To begin reprogramming your UNCONSCIOUS mind to believe any reality and place that reality into effect, you must REPLACE the negative thoughts with a positive ones (or vice versa) and repeat it to yourself until you believe it, this is called affirmation. For instance if you constantly say to yourself:

"I don't want to fight", "I don't want to hurt others anymore", "I don't want to feel like this", etc ...
Because our unconscious minds don't distinguish right from wrong THE MESSAGE ITS RECEIVING is... "want to fight" "want to hurt others" "want to feel like this"
The unconscious mind will believe anything you want it to, that's why you must build the power of your WILL. You see, our minds receive thousands of thoughts a day. If those thoughts are not guarded, they pass into the subconscious mind. That is what the WILL is for, to only allow certain thoughts in alliance with us in. Simple concept but very hard to do
So, instead of telling your mind what you Don't want, tell it what you DO want and say it as if you already have it!
"I have peace,love,harmony" " All my relationship full of love" "I am healthy" ,etc...

Also, its important to remember a dangerous combination of human nature.
EMOTIONS + IMAGINATION = Disaster
These two factors can also create any reality for you, but a dangerous one !
It can lead a man to insanity. It can lead a man to kill his wife!
It can led a man to believe he is dying and die!
Yes our mind is a powerful thing - grab hold of it before it grabs hold of you!

Please contact me with any ?'s.
Best ~
Luis 'The Wellness Crusader'
Blog: [url]http://wellnesscrusader.wordpress.com/[/url]
Old 03-10-2011, 06:33 AM

YES. I do. since my livelihood was taken away by some New York Venture capital outfit, and then getting hit by a car and being bullied by ICBC yeh.
Im tired of being bullied. But i cant turn off the negativity in my brain so here i am.... Stuck