Old 09-23-2009, 04:55 PM
New User: cough cough

Default Lump on testicle

Hey guys, I thought i'd come here before going into a doctor, because I was hoping someone else may have had a similar experience, or can offer advice.

I found a little pea sized lump on my right testicle a long time ago(1-2 years) I thought nothing of it, until recently when I decided to check out testicular cancer articles.

I became extremely worried and anxious about whether or not I may have it, and I was just wondering what you guys think.

Of the main symptoms found in Testicular cancer, I only seem to have 1-2..
  • painless lump on a testicle
  • feeling of heaviness or aching in the lower abdomen (stomach area) or scrotum
  • pain or discomfort in a testicle or in the scrotum
  • swelling of a testicle or change in the way it feels
  • abnormal sensitivity (either numbness or pain)
  • blood in semen
  • general weak and tired feeling
  • lumbago - lower back pain
  • build-up of fluid in the scrotum or tunica vaginalis, known as a hydrocele
  • A burning sensation, specially following physical activity.
  • sexual withdrawal
  • loss of sexual activity or interest

Out of that list, the only thing I have is the mass.

There is also something about having sensitive breasts, could be a symtom of it, and I've had that since grade 7(I'm first year college now) So I don't think it's related?

Anyways, only 1 symptom, and when I did the self exam I couldn't find it, unless I move stuff way around. I have to move my testicle into a position which the cords and stuff aren't blocking the little mass.

What do you guys think?
By the way, the reason I didn't leap into my car to go asap was because I have agoraphobia. I'm unable to leave the house. But I'm definitely gonna book an appointment if you all think I should.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:30 PM
New User: cough cough

Default lump

I have one too. It took a couple years to work up the courage to get it checked. Then years later to decide again that I wasn't completely confident in the cough and finger. I insisted on getting an ultrasound.

Turns out it's normal and usually happens on the left side. It was referred to as a "veracous vein".

Get it checked.