HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada

HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada (/)
-   Sleep Disorders (/forums/diseases-conditions/sleep-disorders/)
-   -   Does Anyone Know A Place That Performs Somnoplasty? (/forums/diseases-conditions/sleep-disorders/3145-does-anyone-know-place-performs-somnoplasty.html)

mandilanthier 10-30-2011 05:29 PM

Does Anyone Know A Place That Performs Somnoplasty?

My boyfriend has severe sleep apnea, and we heard that a somnoplasty may help to relieve some symptoms. We live in Canada but are willing to travel to the states if necessary, as we have yet to find a surgeon who will perform one. If anyone has any information please let me know

tony 12-05-2011 07:53 PM

somno

hello if he has severe sleep apnea please try the cpap machine first then investigate the other possibilities like laup . somnoplasty is very expensive and results are not good . i had it done after my laup and it only helped a little bit for snoring but my apnea was gone because of the laup . ohip has set the price doctors can charge for somnoplasty so my ear nose and throat doctor has stopped doing it . there's no money in it after the machine fees . i hope this helps you out . i am still looking for a somnoplasty doctor with no luck yet. (i just want my snoring lower in volume or gone completely )