Old 01-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

Default What Do You Do For Insomnia?

When sleeplessness happens night after night and gets to be very annoying, how do you handle it? I can't actually get up or I get more awake but I've heard others say that they do indeed get up for a while, so it's different for everyone. What do you do? My problem has been waking up around 4 a.m. day after day. I get tired just thinking about it but I don't know how to make it stop.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:34 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

I have similar problems. I really have problems not being able to sleep. I will stay up all day, all night, and then all day again. I have to force myself to go to sleep sometimes. If I get up and walk around, I tend to wake up even more as well.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
I have similar problems. I really have problems not being able to sleep. I will stay up all day, all night, and then all day again. I have to force myself to go to sleep sometimes. If I get up and walk around, I tend to wake up even more as well.
I'm sorry to hear this, Jewel. It certainly isn't fun. When you're trying to sleep (or go back to sleep) do you find that thoughts of everything you need to do the next day take over, making sleep nearly impossible?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:31 PM

Actually yes, I find myself anxious over things that I need to, especially when it comes to schoolwork. I also find myself uncomfortable in my room sometimes, the room I share with a roommate that I do not get along with. That could play a role in my lack of sleep.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:59 PM

I have to have the tv on to go to sleep that way I won't rehash things that need to be done in my mind. I concentrate on the tv instead. When I wake up I keep a book next to the bed that I can just reach over and start to read. Sometimes this works for me to get back to sleep.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 PM

Default re sleeplessness

I do as Tater does, falling asleep to TV and if I wake up at night reading a book. Definitely I have the same problems of rehashing the day. My thoughts will start to race and there's no way to fall asleep. There are some good teas on the market that help me quite a bit. The one I like the best is Tension Tamer by Celestial Seasonings, which also tastes really well of Hibiscus (I think). Benadryl, while used as a decongestant also puts you to sleep quite well.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM

Default what do you do for insomnia

When I can't sleep I just usually get up for awhile watch some tv and then go back to bed. If I just lay there trying to get back to sleep, I just toss and turn and get no where.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyL View Post
There are some good teas on the market that help me quite a bit. The one I like the best is Tension Tamer by Celestial Seasonings, which also tastes really well of Hibiscus (I think). Benadryl, while used as a decongestant also puts you to sleep quite well.
I'll have to try that Celestial Seasonings! Tension Tamer... yes, that sounds like something I'd like. I've tried the Sleepytime with the bear on the box... is that Celestial Seasonings, too? Hmmm, I don't remember, but I like those kinds of herbal teas.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:23 AM

I think that's a problem I have. I have a roommate who does not like the tv on when she sleeps. I have always had mine on to go to sleep. I think that's part of my problem.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:15 PM

I just get up and work a little online or watch a little TV. Tossing and turning seems to just aggravate me, making it impossible to get back to sleep.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMother View Post
I just get up and work a little online or watch a little TV. Tossing and turning seems to just aggravate me, making it impossible to get back to sleep.
That's good if it works for you, yes. If I'd turn the television on or turn a light on of any kind, I know that I'd be awake a lot longer. I even hate to have to get up to use the bathroom during the night because it keeps me awake longer.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharina View Post
That's good if it works for you, yes. If I'd turn the television on or turn a light on of any kind, I know that I'd be awake a lot longer. I even hate to have to get up to use the bathroom during the night because it keeps me awake longer.
I'm the same way! God forbid I sit down in front of the computer... I'll never go to sleep!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:00 PM

A warm bath always knocks me out for the night. It's rare I have trouble sleeping but when I do, I do that no matter what time it is. I've been known to fall asleep in it though so be warned!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
A warm bath always knocks me out for the night. It's rare I have trouble sleeping but when I do, I do that no matter what time it is. I've been known to fall asleep in it though so be warned!
Ah, I fall asleep in baths too! I have to hurry and get out because I'm always afraid I'll drown!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:11 AM

I do the same with the tv at night, as my brain will go over things over and over until I get too worried to rest. I have to keep the sound to where I can hear it but not the actual words or I will pay too much attention to it and watch it. I am trying to avoid getting up and on the internet because I will usually end up staying on for a long time.

Insomnia is one of the bigger health issues I face on a daily basis. I try not to worry about not sleeping, but it can get tough.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollergirl View Post
Insomnia is one of the bigger health issues I face on a daily basis. I try not to worry about not sleeping, but it can get tough.
It sure can get tough... I don't know why I'm bothered with it sometimes and not others but it gets very annoying. Last night I was wide awake at 3:10 a.m. I just stayed still and didn't put a light on or anything and luckily it didn't take as long as usual to drift off again.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 AM
New User: cough cough

Studies in Switzerland have found that oral anti-snoring devices can be very effective in treating sleep apnea. Some mild side effects may include mucosal dryness, tooth discomfort, and excessive salivation. But oral anti-snoring devices have reduced snoring loudness for over 84 percent of the subjects they were tested on.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:57 AM

Default Re: What Do you Do For Insomnia

Most of them facing this type of sleep disorder problems or Insomnia. I too suffered by this problem. When I am searching for a good solution my friend suggested a good Natural product ProVanax. It is the First Tri-mode product because it plays the roles of anti-anxiety, anti-depressant, anti-insomnia and mood-enhancing solution with out any side effects. For more details visit the site hflsolutions.com

Last edited by Tyler789; 12-03-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Try getting a sleeping schedule set in place. Going to bed every night at the same time can help a lot. Also try having a sleeping ritual everynight, such as taking a warm bath every time before you go to bed. Also try not laying in bed until you really are ready to go to sleep for the night. This lets you get into a much deeper sleep.

andrew
Old 08-09-2008, 11:19 PM

I find the more I try to force myself to go back to sleep, the harder it is. If I then get up and try to actually accomplish something, it tires me out enough that I go back to bed and drop. The problem may also be not enough transition to bedtime. I've read that you have to wind down gradually, not go from lots of activity straight to bed.

Tags
anti snoring device , snoring devices