Old 10-19-2009, 11:18 PM
New User: cough cough

Unhappy Chest Pain. . . Please Help!

I am a 20 year old female. Healthy. Good weight, 18% bf. excellent eating habits. good physical fitness habits

In Jan 09, I collapsed at work with severe chest pain, went into shock, was having trouble breathing and was taken away by ambulance.

The doctor's at the hospital decided it was stress related and I was sent home within fifteen minutes of arriving at the emergency room.

After that, my family doctor ordered many different tests to be done, wore a heart monitor for 72 hours, had ECG's done, ultrasounds, Xrays, everything came back normal and I was told this was probably due to stress and anxiety.

I started working out a lot and it seemed to get better.

Every once in a while I will get sharp chest pains right beneath my breast (it feels as if it's within my chest), which affects my breathing, but after a few minutes, they go away.

Recently, I have had bad migraines and have to take T3's to relieve the pain (they don't help). I went for a CT scan, again, came back normal.

Also, over the past few weeks I have been woken up in the middle of the night (at prob 2:30 or 3 am, when I am in my deepest sleep) with SEVERE chest pain and it's accompanied by shooting pains up my left arm.
It has been so bad some nights that I consider calling an ambulance, but again, after 5-10 minutes, the agonizing pain subsides and I can fall back to sleep.

Just now, while doing homework on my couch, I had the same chest pain, this time it engulfed by whole chest and was accompanied by nausea and painful breathing.

I don't know what other tests to ask for, but I believe there is something wrong inside me, and that the doctors are missing something.
I'm looking for different professional opinions..... Please!

ps. The pain never comes on with exercise, it's always when I am at rest or during normal daily activities.

Last edited by cm07zo; 10-19-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:10 PM
New User: cough cough

I wonder if this pain is a form of reflux? I suffered with intense chest pain many years ago and thought I was experiencing some form of heart condition, but found out it was reflux. It made no sense to me how something connected to stomach acid and my asophegus could have a symptom like this. Caffeine was a culprit for me (soft drinks) and as well it was also caused by the way I sat watching tv at night. I found if I layed on my right side there was a good chance I would get it, but on the left side it would not appear.

I still get it the odd time but now know it is a build up of high caffeine foods in my system.