Old 03-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

Default How often do you check your blood sugars?

How often are you supposed to check your blood sugar levels? Do you do it as often as you're supposed to?

I'm supposed to check mine at least once a day (ideally twice or three times) but I haven't done it in months. I usually get a headache if my blood glucose levels get too high, and I've been feeling good, so I'm just going to assume things are okay.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:21 PM

Strips are expensive...that's one of the reasons I don't check as often as I need to. I also tend to get busy during the day and just plain forget I'm supposed to stop and check blood sugars!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:21 PM

Default check blood sugar

I have never checked mine. But my husband has border line sugar, and he is going to start checking his. Just to be save.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

My grand mother is facing sugar problem. I alwasy checked her sugar level by my self as i am having a blood sugar machine in my home. I checked her sugar after every 15 days. But whnever hersugarlevel got disturbed and it is high i have to check daily. Till her blood sugar level is under control.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

Hello,
it’s necessary to constantly test your blood sugar level. One reader wrote that he takes a drug to help manage his blood sugar levels and that his doctor has him test those levels twice a day. Because he has insurance, it’s a manageable request — but it’s expensive and tiresome.