HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada

HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada (/)
-   Diabetes (/forums/diseases-conditions/diabetes/)
-   -   i think i have diabetes (/forums/diseases-conditions/diabetes/1785-i-think-i-have-diabetes.html)

forster01 01-10-2011 11:37 PM

i think i have diabetes

Hi
I am 18yr old never been really sick in my life. I beleieve i have diabetes due to a couple of facts.
1. i have to go to the washroom frequently
2. Very dry mouth
3. Unhealthy diet
i am 6 feet tall and weight about 175 lbs.
so i am wondering if these facts would make me diabetic?

mac38 01-18-2011 05:02 AM

These are not the only symptoms for a diabetic patient.However you must take the precautionary measures like going for a walk or having a controlled sweet diet.

Emmana 01-22-2011 02:52 AM

[QUOTE=forster01;7607]Hi
I am 18yr old never been really sick in my life. I beleieve i have diabetes due to a couple of facts.
2. Very dry mouth
3. Unhealthy diet
so i am wondering if these facts would make me diabetic?[/QUOTE]

Hi, a major symptom of diabetes is extreme fatigue.
In females also urinary tract infections such as bladder infections.
At times slow healing odd sores can appear on the skin.
The feet can feel odd with numbness or tingling.
Headaches in some people when the blood sugar is soaring.
Thirst which cannot be quenched.
Itchy skin.
Unexplained weight loss.
Blurry eyesight usually after consuming too much sugar in, for example, desserts, soda pop, ice cream.
Or rice, potato chips, potatoes, pasta, popcorn, sweet liquers, beer, pretzels (simple carbohydrates) for these convert to glucose (sugar) in the body over the next hour.

You just feel all over un-well and people who know you well will probably ask you what is happening to you especially if you used to have a lot of energy and were very active and began to act uncharacteristically.

Emmana 01-23-2011 12:29 AM

BE VERY CAUTIOUS using this forum most it appears most people answering do NOT HAVE DIABETES, do not have any experience or knowledge of the effects of this degenerative disease and DO NOT HAVE ANSWERS either.

Emmana 01-23-2011 12:29 AM

[QUOTE=mac38;8481]These are not the only symptoms for a diabetic patient.However you must take the precautionary measures like going for a walk or having a controlled sweet diet.[/QUOTE]

Do you have diabetes?

Griswald 04-25-2011 02:57 PM

If you feel that you have symptoms of diabetes then why don't you check it yourself with the help of glucometer at home..??

twohealthyfeet 04-29-2011 01:25 AM

The major symptoms of diabetes is the fatigue in the body.And the other that you informed that you have to go to the bathroom frequently.So i will suggets you that you should have a check up from doctor.

Droxialix 04-29-2011 06:26 AM

Б. Дмитровка д/

[url=http://biotek.pl.ua]линейное удлинение трубопроводов
[/url]

brigettemv 06-30-2011 12:28 PM

Diabetes Research

Hi, I'm not sure if you were aware but there is a diabetes research centre in Winnipeg where you can get special treatment and participate in studies. If you are interested the website address is www.winnipegdiabetesresearchgroup.com and it is based at the Health Sciences Centre.

Smoky 10-24-2011 05:31 PM

If in dought go get checked :D

SandraWood 11-17-2011 04:50 AM

[QUOTE=forster01;7607]Hi
2. Very dry mouth
3. Unhealthy diet
so i am wondering if these facts would make me diabetic?[/QUOTE]

Same symptoms I already have, get checked blood sample many time but never traced out diabetes.

LindaAlbert 10-13-2012 06:14 AM

I don't think like so because you are just 18 years old. You have capability to burn your calories. Excess of eating sugar contents is not only the reason. You have to spend calories daily according to food you in take.