Old 08-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

Default congenital spinal stenosis

Anyone born with a born birth defect called congenital spinal stenosis? That leads to spinal stenosis disease? i found out a few weeks ago i have this, got it from my mom, a very painful disease, that caused the spinal canal to become smaller causing pain. Surgery can be done to relieve pain, anyone go threw the surgery?

tasha
Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 AM
New User: cough cough

Depending on the cause, the pain of acute sciatica usually goes away on its own in four to eight weeks or so.A thorough diagnostic work-up will reveal the cause.Fortunately, sciatica typically resolves without the need for surgery in about 4-6 weeks. However, if any neurologic deficits develop, such as a foot drop or changes in normal bowel and/or bladder functions, then immediate surgery is usually performed.For acute sciatica without any neurologic deficit, the use of epidural steroid injections can be very beneficial in resolving the discomfort.
For those with sciatic pain due to a herniated disc lasting longer than 6 weeks, surgery has been shown to be superior than non-operative treatment. For those with sciatica or neurogenic claudications lasting longer than 12 weeks, surgery has been shown to be ore effective than non-operative treatment.When surgery is required there are several procedures that may be of benefit. These range from an open laminectomy or laminotomy or even a fusion.