Old 03-18-2009, 01:18 AM
New User: cough cough

Default Remedy for acne please?

What kind of facial wash and remedy do you use for adult acne? Is it true that toothpaste works for it? Thanks!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Experienced User: Healthy

Never heard of tooth paste working for acne. For a young man I am taking care of I use a face astringent. Seems to be working for the most part right now. I have tried many I heard that are supposed to work as well but this is so far the best. He will develope more if he misses a day so I make sure it is done morning and night. He is nearly clear of all of the acne, a few small ones around but much better. I am getting him the one that shoppers drug mart sells. It is cheaper then the others.
I know better foods is supposed to help the body heal as well and he is on good food but he also takes lots of meds and I think that is what triggers his break outs.
I also heard honey on the face and showered off gently but yuk, sounds gooey
Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM

Default adult acne

I am 33 y/o woman, and still suffering from Acne, i am taking antibiotics, but don't seem to be working, i'm trying to avoid Accutane, as i did that when i was in my 20's mind you it did clear up for a while, but came back to haunt me, now i'm on the hunt for the right product. I use rubbing alcohol and spectro jel to clean

any suggestions?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 PM

i'm trying pro active, with a battle of acne, we'll see
Old 11-16-2009, 03:06 AM

i think proactive works well i have used them but there might be some problems also for some skin sensitive peoples.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:20 PM

Please do not use rubbing alcohol to clean your face it comprimises the lipid barrier of the skin.Dermalogica has a new line of products"Clean Start" that are reasonably priced.Their adult line for acne is called MediBac.Go to a clinic that carries the line and have them specify exactly the products you need for your individual skin type.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:09 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

Smile

I also never heard of tooth paste working for acne. Acne is not only limited to teenagers but also adult. I prefer topical antibiotic clindamycin helps fight bacteria in the skin; so does tetracycline, another antibiotic, taken orally. Oral contraceptives and spironolactone, a blood pressure drug, can help balance hormones
Old 08-15-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshebas View Post
i'm trying pro active, with a battle of acne, we'll see
Pro active is good for short term but you need to use it on a regular basis that's why the company is making so much money. if they find a cure for acne then all you need to do is buy it once and it is over. but pro active treat your acne on a short term basis only.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 AM

Default re: Remedy for acne please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearingusapart View Post
What kind of facial wash and remedy do you use for adult acne? Is it true that toothpaste works for it? Thanks!
The remedy for acne cannot be a toothpaste!!! I have heard it for the first time...
Old 12-26-2010, 10:59 PM

Default Hope for Acne & Rosacea Sufferers

The microscopic skin parasite HUMAN DEMODEX MITES are responsible for most ACNE and ROSACEA skin disorders. All of us have microscopic mites which live in our eyelash follicles. These serve a valuable purpose though I wish I didn't know about it.
The ones that infest the facial skin are problematic. These are diagnosed by going to dermatologist and having tiny scraping sample of skin taken and placed under microscope. There are many remedies out there and you would have to research these. On a natural medicine level Mediterranean-based essence of oregano oils are the best. It must be grown in the Mediterranean. Do research on these as well. Use some sort of carrier oil such a coconut, grapeseed, almond or even a high grade olive oil (though it is thick for cooking) put a few drops of oregano oil in it, stir, then apply to face. If in hair too then do scalp as well. These things live in the hair follicles and cause infections which appear to be pimples. Often, in acne, they look like whiteheads. Of course you must do frequent applications over time.

Remember you were infected by someone else so lovers, spouses, children and so on will need to do the treatment as well. Change pillow case every 2 days too. You will come to enjoy the freshness having clean pillow cases and you will become accustomed to the scent of oregano oil. I take several drops per day under the tongue as well to manage internal fungus which we all have too. It is unbelievable strong tasting but i became used to it and have been doing this for years now.
The oregano oil is very strong and will take some time to become used to it. DO NOT GET IN THE EYES. Did this accidentally once and it burned for over an hour though there is no physical damage done.

I had terrible acne when a teenager but did not know about this. Just in case, because I rub cheeks with a lot of folk in greetings (am French heritage and affectionate), I regularly put oregano oil on my face to prevent infection from someone else. Do the research and do not allow some company to make huge amounts of money off of you by convincing you to purchase extravagant creams and lotion remedies.

Last edited by Emmana; 12-26-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 AM

Toothpaste and Water work Great :
This is a GREAT remedie for everyone.
Get (Collgate) Toothpaste and water , Mix together until a nice paste. Put it on your face , let it sit for 10-20 minutes or leave on over night. (repeat)
Old 04-19-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearingusapart View Post
Acne is one of the major skin disease from which almost every fourth person is suffering in Europe.In england the situation is such worse that every second person has some skin issue and most of them are acne cases.Toothpaste is not a remedy of acne.You can try several remedies at home but be careful that it suits your skin.
http://notyouraveragebootcamp.com/bootcamps.php

Last edited by dicaprio; 04-22-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:34 AM

i also used proactive and i get better result i think this is the best from the other..
Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 AM

Default re

eat healthy foods. In order to flush away toxins that could cause acne, you need to drink lots of water and eat fruits and vegetables. Keep in mind that well-hydrated skin has better chances to rejuvenate rather than dry skin. Also, try to live a healthy lifestyle by having a well-rested body. Keep in mind that stress is one of the causes of acne as well so it really pays if you get your eight-hours worth of sleep per day.

OTC products could easily treat mild acne breakouts. Nowadays, there are lots of acne treatments that are available in the market. Use medicines like azelex cream which is really effective in acne treatment.

To know more about these products check emedoutlet.com
Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 PM

Talking about healthy foods to help with acne....
Your diet should focus on different kind of foods:

* Foods with a high-fibre content that is going to help cleanse your body
* Lots of fruits due to their high water content and nutrients
* Foods rich in zinc to help heal tissues
* Foods that contain essential fatty acids

What should be avoided :

* All forms of sugar if acne is linked to a glucose intolerance or candidiasis.
* Processed foods since they can damage your skin and collagen, due to their low content of enzymes. Enzymes are very important for proper digestion.
* Processed foods also contain high levels of iodine, which is known to worsen outbreaks. Be careful with high iodine content foods such as fish, kelp, and onions.

There is more information on Optiderma if you are looking for more remedies (http://www.optiderma.com/en/skin-disorders/skin-disorders-a-z/acne-remedies.html).
Hope this helps!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:24 AM

Hi fellows...
Acne is one of my nightmare skin disorder which I have suffer from very beginning of my teen age. Acne has no medical treatment at all. It usually ends with the age . but some times it prolongs its life and it is pretty tough to control it. There is only some prevention measures which can stop it from regrowing. Water intake is one of the best treatment of acne. Use water as cleansing agent to keep your face clean from dust and germs.