HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada

HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada (/)
-   Acne (/forums/diseases-conditions/acne/)
-   -   Related To Diet? (/forums/diseases-conditions/acne/124-related-diet.html)

Taggart 02-23-2008 11:40 AM

Related To Diet?

When I was a teenager, it seemed that sweets would cause a outbreak of acne for me, but now I'm not sure if that was actually the case.

Do you find that certain kinds of food cause a breakout?

SageMother 02-23-2008 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=Taggart;617]When I was a teenager, it seemed that sweets would cause a outbreak of acne for me, but now I'm not sure if that was actually the case.

Do you find that certain kinds of food cause a breakout?[/QUOTE]

The only time I break out is if I am allergic to a food. Often, the frequency of outbreaks relates to how often you put your hands on your face. Did you notice where you were breaking out? Was it where you tended to rest your hands on your chin, face, or around your mouth?

mollyL 02-23-2008 08:03 PM

When I was a girl, I used to break out in hives if I ate a raw tomato. I'm glad to say I outgrew that, because I love tomatoes.

tater03 02-23-2008 10:23 PM

I never noticed breakouts more when I ate sweets. I did notice more breakouts when I would eat a lot of real greasy food.

mollyL 02-26-2008 03:28 AM

My brother had alot of trouble with acne, and whenever he indulged in something fried it made it lots worse.

Green-Moo 03-04-2008 08:25 AM

Any skin problems I get tend to be related to my monthly cycle rather than my diet. But it is logical that if your diet is poor that will be reflected in your skin.

mollyL 03-05-2008 04:11 PM

With all the hormones that bounce around with the monthly cycle, it makes alot of sense that breakouts can occur then.

MattFehy 03-12-2008 04:03 PM

tomatoes and chocolate seem to cause breakouts. I think they both have an influence on your hormone levels, or your 'sex drive' both have been shown to boost the desire, hence sex and chocolate. During your period breakouts do occur more severely that at other times, likely due to increased hormonal activity.

riskey58 03-13-2008 06:08 PM

Acne

I had acne when I was younger. I ate a lot of greasey foods so I think it had a lot to do with it.

Swastik 07-08-2008 01:51 PM

Me too have acne and i am still fighting with it. Butnow it is not that too much which i was facing earlier. Mine experience says that chocolates are the main reason for immediate acne.

EveNyasia 03-15-2010 10:11 AM

If you take sweets in limited amount it does not make any harm. But anything excess give a native result.