Old 08-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

Default Esophageal Cancer

We just got the good news that the PET scan shows no more cancer in my mother's esophagus and lymph nodes. She was experiencing difficulty swallowing and they were going to dilate her esophagus when the tumor was found.
She will still go through chemo and radiation as the doctor told her the kind of cancer she had was very aggressive and that she may still have cancer cells in her body.
My mother has always been very aware of every bite she swallows. She counts calories, exercises, hardly drinks, doesn't smoke, has always maintained a low-fat, low sugar, low cholesterol diet. She has tried to be moderate in all things, and at eighty she still looks and feels good; that is, of course, before the cancer was found. It is ironic to me the site and the virulence of the cancer. I've worked in medicine for many years, and I know the answer to all the questions I'm asking myself, because, well you know, she's my mum.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:20 PM
New User: cough cough

Esophageal cancer (EC) is a devastating disease. Although some patients can be cured, the treatment for esophageal cancer is protracted, decreases quality of life, and is lethal in a significant number of cases. The ideal treatment is debatable.

Any comments?????????????????????
[url=http://www.westcoastmagazine.com/169/are-people-noticing-your-are-overweight/]chino hills health food[/url]

Last edited by Writoo; 05-21-2011 at 09:46 AM.