Old 11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

Default Home Colon Cleanse System, or Clinical High Colonic?

I have seen a new industry on the internet, associated with colon cleanses and detox systems.

I am so curious that I am tempted to try one of these systems, probably a colon cleanse system, but am afraid it might be harmful, or take a long time for my system to recover.

Has anyone here tried one of these?

Is a home colon cleanse system better than a high colonic at a clinic?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:20 PM

If your colon is doing it's job properly leave it well alone, the best thing for a healthy colon in a good diet with lots of fruit and veg. Don't take risks, I have had a colon disorder for nearly 10 years, it is extremely painful and very embarrassing.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:55 AM
Experienced User: Healthy

I can agree with most of this but then again it might also depend on how your body is working with how your colon is working. Some don't know the symptoms where a colon cleanse might be needed. I would check with your doctor and also a herbalist for more information if you think things could be better, ie you are feeling sluggish all the time. I definately would not do it all the time. Some people do it, like the feeling it puts in the body later and become addicted to doing it and the one thing you don't want is to try too hard either. I think a cleanse might be needed once in a life time on most people if that because most of us have the ability to keep things in order naturally if we are not putting to much junk into the body all the time.
And I do not know which is better, I know people who have done both and I heard mostly the same results but if I have the choice I go for the natural remedies over the medical stuff, just me I like the slower natural stuff.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:52 PM

I agree with Deltic, the best way to help your colon is to eat a good diet with plenty of vegetables and fruit, avoid fizzy drinks, too much processed food, and artificial sweeteners. The digestive system should not need help unless you have a medical problem and if that is the case consult your doctor for advice.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:30 PM

I would agree with that too but most people have a problem avoiding all of that when even the best lables on foods are a lie and so might need a cleaning. I would also say seek advice first from your doctor as I had said above but if it is needed then it is needed depending on the individual and in that case the natural way would be my choice for me. I have a policy here where we eat both types of fibre every day. We also eat oats every day and there is no pop here because I don't believe it is good for anyone. I have had one out on the road now and then and I am sure it is less then 5 a month, best part is for some reason I can never drink a whole pop, it usually ends up in the garbage before it is done. I have never done a cleaning yet but I would if I felt I needed it.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 PM

Best thing to do is read up on foods and what they do to the body. My favorite book is Eating Alive by John Matson. Easy reading and it lays the whole story out from eating to what happens in the end.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 AM

I know someone who had treatments involving water being pumped to cleanse her system. She experienced results of eliminating "plaque" but I can't help but wonder if her body would become "lazy" or too reliant on the process.

Do you think that's a threat?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:38 AM

A colon cleanse is never necessary, it is just a fad. Eat well and drink plenty of water. If you have any worries or symptoms consult a properly qualified doctor (not a herbalist or any sort of alternative therapist) if necessary you will be given a colonoscopy to check that all is well. A colon cleanse messes up the balance of natural (good) bacteria and could potentially help to spread cancer (if you had a colon cancer). I feel strongly about this, I have watched someone die young of colon cancer and it is a cruel way to die, I also have a colon problem myself. If everything works, leave it alone.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
I know someone who had treatments involving water being pumped to cleanse her system. She experienced results of eliminating "plaque" but I can't help but wonder if her body would become "lazy" or too reliant on the process.

Do you think that's a threat?
It is totally unnecessary and quite possibly dangerous to do that. I agree with Deltic on this, the key to a good digestive system is a good diet. Humans have coped for thousands of years without the need for such things, our bodies are not designed to be abused in that way. A healthy diet is all that is necessary.