HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada

HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada (/)
-   Bone Cancer (/forums/cancer/bone-cancer/)
-   -   clavicle repair or replacement (/forums/cancer/bone-cancer/458-clavicle-repair-replacement.html)

moon208 10-11-2008 06:11 PM

clavicle repair or replacement

I have a tumour on my clavicle very close to the end where the clavicle connects to the chest. My doctor sent me for a bone scan, CAT scan, X-Ray and PET scan. Based on the results of the PET scan she said it was cancer. She wants to remove my whole clavicle and when I asked if there was a way to cut off just the part with the tumour and somehow repair the rest of it she said no.

I've looked online and have seen many treatments for broken clavicles and was wondering if any of these methods could be used in my case. Is there any way to simply cut off the tumour and keep the rest of my clavicle with some type of repair?

mollyL 11-08-2008 02:24 PM

Moon, the surgeon needs to know that all the cancer in your clavicle is removed. In surgery in this type, there isn't the time to test the bone taken out to see if all of the cancer cells are gone. It really is for the best that the clavicle is removed. You'll never miss it, I promise.:)

persona 09-14-2011 09:32 PM

This depends on the nature of the tumor,
If it is benign, your doctor may remove the tumor only
but if it is malignant, all the clavicle must be removed (to avoid spread of the tumor )
I wish u a speedy recovery

SteveRayan 09-28-2011 03:27 AM

Can any one please tell me in detail that how does this cancer effect a man and what becomes the causes of this cancer .Please let me know about this i have to get information on this soon.
http://franchisesforsales.multiply.com/journal